- Professional large-diaphragm condenser microphone with built-in 48 kHz USB interface for unsurpassed audio quality
- Gets phantom power directly from PC USB output
- Comes with Audacity audio editor, Kristal audio engine, Podifier uploading software, and Juice and Podnova downloading software
- Maximum SPL (sound pressure level) of 136 dB
- Ideal as main and support microphone for studio and live applications
- Exceptionally flat frequency response and ultra-high sound resolution
- Cardioid pickup pattern for outstanding sound source separation and feedback rejection
- Ultra low-noise transformerless FET input circuitry
- LED indicates phantom power operation
- Ultra-rugged construction with die-cast body
- USB connector and swivel stand mount included
The C-1U is a digital home recording or podcasting enthusiast’s dream come true. This professional quality condenser microphone is identical to the acclaimed BEHRINGER C-1 mic with one awesome difference: it’s has a built-in USB interface so you can be ready to record faster than ever, and with minimal preparation and equipment. Just plug it into your computer and start recording!
What is a USB Condenser Microphone?
The primary type of microphone used in recording studios and radio stations, condenser microphones are the ideal choice for capturing vocals and acoustic instruments. Unlike a dynamic microphone, a condenser microphone collects sound from throughout an environment such as a room, rather than only picking up what’s happening directly in front of it. It is capable of capturing much more detail with a wider, flatter frequency response. Trouble is, conventional condenser microphones aren’t made to interface with a computer — you have to provide a microphone preamplifier and an analog to USB interface.
The C-1U has a built-in USB interface that derives the needed power directly from your computer’s USB input and requires no special drivers. Just plug in and start recording your masterpiece!
Does Awesome Sound Come Any Easier?
The short answer is no. Unlike most other USB microphones, you won’t need to download any additional drivers to begin using the C-1U right out of the box—it even works with Vista! You also get an extensive software package with Audacity for recording, Kristal Audio Engine for editing and multitracking, Podifier uploading software and PodNova downloading software. It works like this: Connect the mic to your PC or Mac. Load Audacity and save your recording onto your hard drive. Now load the included Kristal software and you can edit your recording or add tracks. Now you’re ready to upload your work onto the Web via Podifier.
Sound That Astounds Getting started with the C-1U may seem like child’s play, but this pro-caliber microphone is anything but a toy. It has an exceptionally flat frequency response and pristine sonic resolution that ensures content-rich audio that is as natural sounding as the original source. The cardioid pickup pattern provides unparalleled sound source separation and feedback rejection. The C-1U’s ultra low-noise, transformerless FET input circuitry can handle extreme dynamics, all the way up to 136 dB, with ruler-flat frequency response from 40 Hz to 20 kHz. That means that even if the special guest on your next podcast happens to be a revved-up jet engine, this workhorse mic will not distort!
Here’s Why You Need a C-1U…
• Far better sound quality than the dynamic microphones you’re probably using now
• With its built-in USB interface and comprehensive software package, just plug in and start laying down tracks
• You don’t have to download any new drivers, and it’s perfectly compatible with Windows XP/Vista and Mac
• Includes swivel stand mount and carrying case
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 01 January, 1970.